•   about 5 years ago

Bad accelerometer characteristic IDs?

On the forum, I read that one of the accelerometer characteristic IDs was wrong (sorry can't seem to find it now and really tired). Fortunately mdelac01 listed the correct one. I can now access the accelerometer configuration characteristic successfully. Now I am trying to set up notifications. Unfortunately, the listed characteristic IDs do not work for me. They fail when I try to use them in the GetCharacteristics() call:

Then I tried 3 UUIDs that would be the logical successors to the accelerometer configuration characteristic:

And now, if they are the correct UUIDs, I am allegedly resolving the accelerometer configuration characteristic successfully.

These worked for me. So are they the right ones? Or am I accessing some other unrelated but valid characteristics that aren't the accelerometer notification characteristics?

IMPORTANT: If the docs are wrong and this is another correction please (times 10) list a correct document. With the contest deadline so close there's no time to lose on typos.

• 5 comments

• Moderator   •   about 5 years ago

Confirming these values for you! I'll keep you posted

• Moderator   •   about 5 years ago

Hi Robert,

The error in the documentation is only with the UUID & value used to enable the reporting of raw accelerometer data. The rest of the documentation is correct.

So, just to reiterate, once you enable accelerometer by writing 0x10 to fffffff2-00f7-4000-b000-000000000000, the individual (X, Y, Z) axis notification can be configured by writing “01 00” to the Client Characteristic Configuration for the corresponding axis.
    X-axis: ffffffA3-00f7-4000-b000-00000000000
    Y-axis: ffffffA4-00f7-4000-b000-00000000000
    Z-axis: ffffffA5-00f7-4000-b000-00000000000

You mentioned above that you used 3 UUIDs. Can you confirm what they are?

• Moderator   •   about 5 years ago

Hi Robert,
    Can you provide code snippet. It would make it easier for us see where the issue might be.

Also, just curious if you're able to configure the V.BTTN so that your app is able to detect button press.

• Moderator   •   about 5 years ago

Hi,
    I'm still review the code but, seems like some code/characters might have been stripped out...

if (ndx iroCharacteristics = ---> doesn't have matching parenthesis/code

if (iroCharacteristics.Count = iroCharacteristics.Count) --> not sure I understand this assignment statement.

• Moderator   •   about 5 years ago

That's good news. Yes, peripheral devices could support multiple services. So, it's good to perform service discovery on connecting to device so you can then have list of all services available.

Comments are closed.