If you could have anything at the press of a button what would it be? Now is your chance to make the dream a reality.
The V.BTTN is the world’s first wearable button. By pairing it with a Bluetooth Smart-compatible mobile phone, tablet or PC, the button can be programmed to remotely trigger any action that can be imagined.
Mount the button to your bike’s handlebar for toggling GPS navigation, turn the V.BTTN into a dedicated pizza delivery button, use it to text your friends, or even use it as a game controller via the accelerometer. Accessories include a pendant, keychain, wristband, and belt clips so it is it wearable and always accessible.
The VSN Mobil “My Button” Challenge gives developers the opportunity to create fun, creative and productive applications that harness the power of the V.BTTN. This product is not on the market yet so all approved participants who sign up during the Device Sign Up Period will receive a free pre-production sample of the V.BTTN device and access to the API. VSN Mobil’s My Button Challenge is the perfect opportunity to unleash your creativity.
Applicants must live in the U.S. and be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- Eligible platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Mac, or Windows PC (all devices must be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0)
- Apps must utilize Bluetooth Smart (ie, Bluetooth 4.0 LE) functionality.
- Apps can be new or existing apps, with newly added support for V.BTTN.
- You must submit a demo video that showcases the functionality of the app, an image showing screen shots of your working app, and provide us with a way to access your app free of charge.
- Apps must be submitted to an online store or public website by the submission deadline.*
*All applications must be submitted to an online store by the submission deadline, via the App Store, Google Play, or the Microsoft App Store. If submission to one of these stores is not possible for your platform type, you must make the app available on another store or public website. In order to receive a prize, winning apps must have passed review from the online store or public website to which they were submitted and be publicly available for download.
How to enter
- Visit the V.BTTN Hardware Sign-up page to apply for your pre-production device sample. Qualified participants who apply and are approved will receive pre-production units and be provided with API information and documentation. [NOTE: The Device Sign Up Period has ended.]
- Once approved, wait for your V.BTTN pre-production device to arrive.
- Build and submit your app by registering for the challenge and filling out the submission form.
- Create a demo video, take some screenshots of your working app, and provide us with a way to access your app free of charge.
- Submit your app to an online store or public website. See Official Rules for details.
Contributor to Fox News, PC World and others
Creativity of Concept
Ease of Use
Fun or Productivity Factor